From: ANNOUNCE02-L [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Office of the Provost
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 4:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Candidate Presentations - Vice President, Research

Dear Faculty, Staff and Students:

Mason is committed to research of consequence and to advancing knowledge that will help develop a more just, free and prosperous world. Thanks to the work that you do every day, Mason is the largest public research university and an engine of innovation for the region and Commonwealth. It is an exciting time to look ahead to how we fulfill Mason’s research vision; as I have announced in June, we have initiated a national search for a Vice President of Research (VPR).

The Vice President of Research will lead a university-wide effort to advance Mason’s regional, national and international reputation as a leading research university. This leader will strategically focus on multidisciplinary research initiatives of great societal impact, while expanding research and enhancing scholarship across disciplines.

We are pleased to have four outstanding VPR finalists who will come on campus in the coming week. Each of them will present on their Vision for Research in a Modern Public University: Challenges and Opportunities. I invite you to attend the candidates’ public presentations according to the following schedule:

Monday, Dec. 14:  Joseph Heppert
11:00am – 12:00pm – Public Presentation
Merten Hall, Room 1201

Tuesday, Dec. 15:  Patricia Rankin
11:00am – 12:00pm – Public Presentation
Merten Hall, Room 1201

Wednesday, Dec. 16:  Deborah Crawford
11:00am – 12:00pm – Public Presentation
Merten Hall, Room 1201

 Friday, Dec. 18:  Barry Johnson
11:00am – 12:00pm – Public Presentation
Merten Hall, Room 1202

*The first 20 minutes will be dedicated to presentation followed by Q&A.

The search committee welcomes your feedback; comment links will be made available at each presentation. Please contact Dr. Peggy Agouris, Search Committee Chair, with any questions - [log in to unmask], or 703-993-1362. The candidate CVs are available via the myMason portal at the following URL: https://mymasonportal.gmu.edu/bbcswebdav/xid-78591575_1 You must log in with your Mason Patriot Pass credentials to view them.

S. David Wu
Provost and Executive Vice President