BIS 40th Anniversary Reception 2015

Date: Saturday, November 7, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m
Location: Krasnow Institute - Great Room 4461 Rockfish Creek Ln Fairfax, VA 22030

The Bachelor of Individualized Study (BIS) Program is pleased to host a reception to celebrate its 40th Anniversary. Director, Dr. Kenneth Thompson, will share the story of the program’s first 40 years. Live music, hors d'oeuvres, and a cash bar will be the backdrop for celebrating the program with your fellow students, alumni and other BIS supporters. Free parking!

Please click below to register at Mason’s Alumni Association Website:
[Registration]<http://alumni.gmu.edu/s/1564/GID2/index.aspx?sid=1564&gid=2&pgid=1559&cid=3488&ecid=3488&crid=0&calpgid=465&calcid=1463%20>

[cid:imageid4]

National Cyber Security Awareness

In observance of National Cyber Security Awareness month, the IT Security Office will offer the following upcoming events:

■ Thursday, October 29: Mason’s new Chief Information Security Officer, David Landry, will discuss his plans for cyber security at Mason at 3 p.m in the Johnson Center, Room E.

For more information about the events, contact Karen Bates at 703-993-2906
[More Info...]<http://newsdesk.gmu.edu/2015/10/october-is-national-cyber-security-awareness-month/>

Attention: Future Teachers

Are you interested in becoming a teacher?  Below is some information about the the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD).
[cid:imageid6]

[More Info...]<https://cehd.gmu.edu/undergraduate/think-you-want-to-be-a-teacher>

[cid:imageid8]

Virginia Serious Game Institute Open House

The Virginia Serious Game Institute (VSGI) at Mason invites the community to an open house on Thursday, October 29, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. to celebrate our new facility renovations that bring our incubator and accelerator spaces up to date in décor and technology. Our new, modern look and open spaces will allow for comfortable collaboration between resident startups and create a warm, but professional environment. The VSGI office is located on the Science and Technology (Prince William) Campus in Bull Run Hall, Suite 147. Light refreshments will be served.
Contact Rizza Villacorte at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 703-993-9415 with questions.
[More Info...]<newsdesk.gmu.edu/2015/10/virginia-serious-game-institute-open-house/>

[cid:imageid10]

Daylight saving time ends on November 1, 2015!

[cid:imageid11]

Updates to Mason Website

The Web Services team in the Office of Communications and Marketing has made some additions to the new George Mason website since its launch in August. The following new additions are now available.
[More Info...]<http://newsdesk.gmu.edu/2015/10/updates-to-mason-website/>

[cid:imageid13]

Smithsonian Fellowships and Internship Workshop