Greetings, please see email below regarding the George Mason Chapter of the American Statistical Association (ASA).
Thank you.  Liz

Dear Statistics and Data Analysis students,

My name is Leanna and I'm a junior here at GMU majoring in Family Science and minoring in Statistics.

Dr. Strazzeri, a Statistics professor at Mason, and I are starting a professional student organization, the

George Mason Chapter of the American Statistical Association (ASA).

We invite you to join Mason ASA.  We are a group of undergraduate and graduate students that are interested in Statistics, Data Analysis, Data Science and/or Research. All majors and programs are eligible to join.

As a professional student organization, our mission is to help us students succeed and thrive academically and professionally. We want to to create opportunities that will prepare us for the "real world" after graduation. Through career and professional development, we aim to cultivate a sense of community within the George Mason Statistics Department.

This will be an excellent opportunity to learn more about the field of Statistics outside of the traditional classroom setting. We will also have the opportunity to network with guest speakers such as Statisticians, Data Analysts, and Researchers

We can also learn more about graduate school and graduate programs in or related to Statistics (i.e. Biostatistics, Public Health). We will discuss all Statistics-related things, and particularly Statistics at Mason.

Again, we invite you to join the George Mason Chapter of the ASA. The 1st interest meeting will be on
Monday Sept. 28th at 7:30PM in ENGR 1602. We hope to see you there!

If you can't attend the meeting but are interested, please don't hesitate to email Leanna at [log in to unmask]" id="LPlnk377849">[log in to unmask] or our Faculty Advisor, Dr. Strazzeri at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] to be added to the email list.

Best regards,

Leanna Moron

George Mason University, 2017

Elizabeth Quigley, Administrative Coordinator
Department of Statistics
George Mason University
ENGR BLDG, Room 1705
4400 University Drive