To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://listserv.gmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=BIS-L;839c33a7.1508p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Bachelor of Individualized Study
: Volume 1, Issue 1

August 2015
Logo

Message from the Director

Dr. Kenneth Thompson

New beginnings, changes and fresh starts – these words characterize the start of each academic year. Here at Mason, change is constant and brings many exciting opportunities. The BIS Program encourages you to explore these opportunities, and we have created the first ever BIS Program weekly newsletter to highlight many of them for our students.

You will note that changes are happening at BIS. The program is moving from our office space in the Aquia Building to a more central location on campus in Robinson A, Suite 253. The move is scheduled for Friday, August 21, and we will be unpacking on Monday, August 24. Please be patient with us as we get settled in the week before Fall semester begins. Your emails and phone calls will be returned as quickly as possible.

Whether you are new to the BIS Program or in your final semester before graduation, we wish you every success this semester.

Upcoming Events

August 21, 2015 – BIS Office RELOCATES to Robinson A, Suite 253.

August 21 &24 – BIS Office is CLOSED due to relocation.

August 31, 2015 – Start of Fall 2015 Semester.

September 3rd – Mason Transfer Nation @ 11:00 am to 2:00pm at the Corner Pocket, The HUB, Fairfax campus

September 8th – BIS Welcome Week Reception @ Robinson Hall A, Room 251 from 4:00pm to 7:00pm

September 15th – First High-5 Day of the Fall Semester

Contact Details

Robinson A, Suite 253

703-993-4556

BIS Program Office
bis.gmu.edu

In this Newsletter:

Message from the Director

Upcoming Events

Celebrating 40 Years as Virginia’s First Adult Degree Completion Program!

Helpful Links

Contact Details

Subscription Details

Celebrating 40 Years as Virginia’s First Adult Degree Completion Program!

Helpful Links

Office of the University Registrar: http://registrar.gmu.edu/

Visit the Website for...

-Fall Semester Academic Calendar
-Forms
-Class Registration
-Fall Semester Finals Schedule

GMU BIS Program: http://bis.gmu.edu/

Visit this website for...

-Check this site for the latest updates for the BIS program.
-Latest News about the BIS Program.
-Forms for the BIS Program.
-Advising Appointments for the BIS Program.

GMU Main Website: https://www2.gmu.edu/

Visit this website for...

-Check this website for latest news and updates for GMU.
-Any changes in the schedule of the university will be found here.
-Sign-up for Mason-Alert to get the latest updates right to your phone--- Mason-Alert website is https://ready.gmu.edu/masonalert/

Off-Campus Resources:http://offcampus.gmu.edu/

Visit this website for...

-High- 5s - Free coffee and snacks in Lot A or K on everyday ending with 5. Starting September 15th!
- Locations to study- On-Campus study areas—Fenwick and Gateway Library study rooms.
-Study room reservations are made online @
http://library.gmu.edu/use/study-rooms

You are subscribed to Bachelor of Individualized Study
. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://LISTSERV.GMU.EDU/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BIS-L&A=1

GMU BIS Program