Dear CHSS Graduate Students:
The Honors College at Mason is seeking additional Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) for Fall 2015. Each GTA supports two sections of HNRS 110: Research Methods, the four-credit course required of all incoming freshmen in the Honors College. Eligible applicants must be enrolled full-time (6 credit hours) and be in the first three years of a terminal graduate degree program in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The position comes with a stipend and tuition waiver.
· Work 20 hours per week
· Meet with students one-on-one during weekly office hours (two per week) and required conferences (at least twice per semester)
· Meet with the Research Curriculum Coordinator for scheduled weekly meetings (Fridays, 12-12:50pm)
· Coordinate with an undergraduate Peer Research Mentor to lead two 50-minute recitation discussion sections per week (Fridays, 1:30-2:20 and 2:30-3:20)
· Assist with grading of course assignments
· Attend 2 mandatory training workshops (mid August)
Applicants should send a cover letter and current CV to the Honors College Research Curriculum Coordinator: [log in to unmask]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
John M. Woolsey, Ph.D.
Research Curriculum Coordinator
Honors College, MSN 1F4
George Mason University
Office: Enterprise Hall 352A
email: [log in to unmask]