Miriam,

You won't need to commit the MASON source files into your repository, but
your users will need the MASON jar file.

When you compile your project with Netbeans (using the `clean and build'
menu option), it will create a jar of your project inside the `dist/'
directory.  It will also create the directory `dist/lib/' and place a copy
of the MASON jar inside it.

You want to distribute the entire contents of the `dist/' directory to your
users.  When they double-click the jar for your simulation, it will
automatically look inside the `lib/' directory to find dependencies, such
as MASON.

It is possible to use Ant or Maven to package dependencies such as MASON
inside a single jar, so your users only have to worry about one file.  You
could do this in NetBeans by modifying your project's build.xml file
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1821803/creating-a-bundle-jar-with-ant>
(which
is Ant's version of a makefile), but this isn't easy to do.  Personally, I
just live with putting my dependencies the external `lib' folder.

Siggy