List of Announcements (details below):

VSE in the News

Here is a list of new stories about VSE that have been posted:

Beyond Mason:

At the Mason Newsdesk (http://newsdesk.gmu.edu/):

At the Volgenau website (http://volgenau.gmu.edu/):

If you have suggestions for other stories, please submit them to Martha Bushong, [log in to unmask].

Photo of the Week

[log in to unmask]" v:shapes="Picture_x0020_2" border="0" height="160" width="228">

Graduate of the Volgenau School of Engineering displays clever cap design for the May 14 Convocation at the Patriot Center. (Photo by Alexis Glenn, Creative Services)

Tenure & Promotion Announcements

I am pleased to announce that the following tenure and promotion decisions were given final approval at the May 6 meeting of George Mason’s Board of Visitors:

Please join me in congratulating these faculty members on their new appointments.

Reminder: Provost Multidisciplinary Research Funding: Deadline June 15

An announcement was sent out on May 12 about the Provost Multidisciplinary Research Initiatives funding.  The deadline for submitting a proposal is June 15. For more information, see http://provost.gmu.edu/faculty-research-support/provost-multidisciplinary-research-initiatives-request-for-proposals-2/

Although this program was announced in connection with the symposium on health-care research held on April 27, proposals need not be focused on health-care.

Stephen G. Nash
Senior Associate Dean
Volgenau School of Engineering
George Mason University