All listserv users:

The campus listserv will be down this Sunday (11/17) morning while it is moved to a new server. The server should be back up by noon on Sunday. While email sent to any list should be queued while it is down, there is a possibility that something might be lost so I'd recommend against sending anything to any lists on Sunday morning.

Also - with this upgrade to the new box, it will be necessary to use the proper address for all listserves:

Listname @listserv.gmu.edu

Some people have been sending email to listname @metis3.gmu.edu - that may work for a day or so but will then fail. Please update your address lists and other directories to change all listserv names to the @listserv.gmu.edu naming convention.

Please contact me if you have any questions about this.

Jonathan

Jonathan Goldman                                     Volgenau School of Engineering
Director of Computing Resources                    George Mason University
(703) 993-3506                                                    4400 University Dr. MSN 4A3
fax  (703) 993-3977                                                        Fairfax, VA 22030-4444