Subject: Vote requested: Changes to Graduate Council Bylaws
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:17:56 -0400
From: Songqing Chen <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues,

The Graduate Council has passed changes to the Graduate Council bylaws. Each unit must vote on the revised bylaws before they can take effect. The revised bylaws are attached. Please cast a vote indicating whether you approve or oppose the changes.

Description of the changes to the bylaws:

The changes are mostly procedural and technical.  The motivation for the revision was to clarify how members of the graduate council are selected.  (See page 2 of the revision: Section C, 2 (a).)  The revised bylaws are attached. The existing bylaws can be found at http://provost.gmu.edu/graduate-council/bylaws/

VOTING PROCEDURE

You can cast your vote in one of the following ways:

1. E-mail your vote to me (Songqing Chen) at [log in to unmask] or simply by replying to this email.

2. Print this e-mail ballot and place it in a closed envelope with your name printed on the outside and submit to  Michele Pieper, CS Dept. Office, Nguyen Engineering Building, Room 4300. Michele will separate the envelope from the enclosed ballot and distribute the ballot to me.

BALLOT
       ____ Yes
       ____ No
       ____ Abstain

The deadline for submitting a vote is 5 pm, Wednesday, May 6.

Sincerely,

Songqing Chen
VSE Secretary

--