Hello.

Regarding the termination criteria, as far as I know, that termination is based on the number of evaluations performed. To change/add more a different criteria you can create your own Evolution State. As a matter of guidance you can check the class SimpleEvolutionState, more precisely the evolve() method. I think it is the right place to do that.

Regarding the best indidivual so far, I think SimpleStatistics does that.

Regards,
Adriano Vinhas

Hi,

I am using GP section of ECJ. During execution at some points in the code if some conditions are true, I want to terminate GP process and print the best result so far.

Individual bestSoFar = ((SimpleStatistics)state.statistics).getBestSoFar()[0];

Please let me know what is the safe way to do this?