From: HR/Payroll Department Contacts [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janet P Walker
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 3:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Instant HR/Payroll: Spring into Well-Being, DMV2Go in Fairfax, Reminder on Spring "Hikes", Getting Free Credit Reports, and Washington Post Top Workplaces

Get Your Spring into Well-Being

Spring into Well-Being kicked off this week with Good Deeds Day and the Ask Me About Well-Being Tents on Thursday.  The celebration continues every week through April 30.  There are lots of terrific ways to build your vitality, purpose, resilience, and engagement.  Some events are long-standing favorites, others are brand spanking new.  You can see the entire schedule at http://wbu.gmu.edu/spring-into-well-being/

Here’s just a small sample:

·         March 23-29:  Mason Recreation is offering all faculty and staff a free access week to all Mason Recreation facilities with a valid Mason ID.

·         March 26, 10:00am – 3:00pm: 19th annual Health & Fitness Expo in Dewberry Hall.

·         April 2, 10:00am – 3:00pm: Health & Fitness Expo at the Freedom & Aquatic Center in Prince William.

·         April 15, noon: Who’s Walking Wednesday special “team-theme” walk.  Gather up your colleagues and come dressed in a team-theme; it can be something super simple like everyone wears the same color t-shirt or hat to something a little more involved.  For example, our Fairfax walk leader is reported to be coming dressed as a carrot.  No matter how you’re dressed though, we hope everyone will come out to take a walk together in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William.  To add a little spice, the largest team dressed in a team-theme on each campus wins a pizza party donated by the Center for the Advancement of Well-Being.

·         April 23, noon: 19th annual Victims’ Rights Run/Walk – Don’t miss this chance to support some terrific causes, build camaraderie, and get outside on what will hopefully be a fabulous spring day!  Registration is open at https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=14676854

With supervisor permission, faculty and staff participation is encouraged; a reasonable amount of time spent at Spring into Well-Being events is considered training time and part of the Mason work day.

DMV2Go in Fairfax: March 30

Take care of your Department of Motor Vehicle needs at a convenient Mason location!  DMV2Go will be on the Fairfax camps in the Merten Hall parking lot from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm on Monday, March 30.  For the full 2015 schedule, please visit http://hr.gmu.edu/worklife/documents/DMV2Go2015Schedule.pdf

Reminder: Faculty and Staff Spring “Hikes”

Hike to Ike’s was so popular it’s coming back every Friday during Mason’s Spring into Well-Being. And this time we are adding The Globe as another hike destination! Join fellow faculty and staff around campus as they lace up their sneakers and hike to some fun, new venues on campus. Faculty and staff receive a discounted lunch rate of $8 from 11am-2pm.

Save even more money when you sign up for a Faculty/Staff BYTE Plan. Cash, Credit Card and Mason Money accepted. Check out the Spring “Hikes” flyer at http://hr.gmu.edu/worklife/documents/HiketoIkes2.0.pdf

Hike #1

March 20

The Globe

Hike #2

March 27

Ike’s

Hike #3

April 3

The Globe

Hike #4

April 10

Ike’s

Hike #5

April 17

The Globe

Hike #6

April 24

Ike’s

Personal Information and Privacy

In light of recent news reports and the Anthem cyberattack, we wanted to share some resources with you from the Federal Trade Commission on privacy and identity that we hope you find helpful.  Additionally, you can access a free credit report annually from https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/media/video-0060-your-source-truly-free-credit-report-annualcreditreportcom.  As you’re obtaining one for yourself, you may also want to consider pulling reports for your children.  For information on how children could have credit reports and how to request a child’s credit reports, please see the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s website on this topic.

Washington Post Top Workplaces Recognition

Thanks to all who participated in the Washington Post Top Workplaces random survey of faculty and staff a few weeks back.  We heard this week that Mason won’t be recognized this year.  A more robust and larger group participated this year and we didn’t make the cut.  The silver lining is that Mason faculty and staff are a terrific group.  We appreciate everyone who took the time to share their thoughts.

“Survey Spring” continues with The Chronicle of Higher Education through April 13 and the triennial Quality of Work Life (QWL) Survey which will be coming up next month.

Thank you for all your time and energy on these surveys.  Benchmarking Mason to other organizations and gaining insight on faculty and staff experiences on the internal QWL survey is tremendously helpful in making future plans.