On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Joey Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I just used Google code's "export to github" and it worked flawlessly. The project, which Ernesto and I did for a class project several years ago, is now up and ready to checkout via SVN. The commit history is even still intact, including commit comments. Seems like a perfect solution to me.

If github supports SVN, and there is a built-in support mechanism for transitioning Google Code projects to github then, yes, this does seem like the obvious choice.