I just used Google code's "export to github" and it worked flawlessly. The
project <https://github.com/jharrison/retirement-age>, which Ernesto and I
did for a class project several years ago, is now up and ready to checkout
via SVN. The commit history is even still intact, including commit
comments. Seems like a perfect solution to me.

Joey