Hello Sean,

We went through a similar decision at my company (a small development / CRM
implementation shop) recently.  We've been a SVN shop forever, hosting our
own repositories.

Long story short, we ended up moving to hosted Git, GitHub in particular.
That's what I would recommend for ECJ.

(Some of our key points were things like:  That's what our customers are
using. That's what our new employees know.  And, for better or for worse,
Git seems to becoming almost the default system.  And I do really like the
speed.)

Git is weird.  And I have to say I didn't like it very much at first.  But
it has grown on me quite a bit.  To the point that moved my own private
repositories to BitBucket (they have free private repos, GitHub doesn't)
and have been following a typical Git workflow for even my own single
person stuff.  Overkill, but I want to get used to how it is applied on a
multiperson project.  And I'm also starting to like the branch-merge
workflow.

I'm just a hobbyist as far as ECJ goes.  It's the type of thing I play
around with on weekends for fun and to help keep my technical skills up.
But since you asked for opinions, GitHub is mine.  I would definitely avoid
hosting your own.  Been there, done that, and it's kind of a pain in the
butt.

Good luck,

Doug