Dear Bioengineering Student:

Please take a few moments to read the following statement from the University Libraries:

The Mission of the George Mason University Libraries is to “serve as both a repository of and digital portal to the wider universe of knowledge. The Libraries foster innovation, originality, and imagination by qualitatively managing access to scholarship and information, providing expert consultation in the research process, and actively teaching the effective and critical use of information.”

As part of our mission, the University Libraries strive “to ensure provision of the best possible collections of research materials in all formats for its users throughout the university community, undergirding the University's goals of strong support of learning, teaching, and research.”

To that end, the Libraries continually assess our collections to ensure that they are meeting the needs of the research community. We invite your participation in this survey with the hope that your feedback will help us adjust the scope, depth, and breadth of our materials.

The survey should take approximately 10 minutes and can be accessed by going to http://goo.gl/Z4ZsXs and entering the password gmulibraries. Your answers are kept anonymous, although if you would like us to follow up with you about specific issues, please feel free to include your name and contact information at the end of the survey.

We ask that you complete the survey by March 20th.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. Thank you for your participation and we hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

Theresa Calcagno

Engineering Librarian,

703-993-3712

Claudia Borke

Program Administrator

Volgenau School of Engineering, Department of Bioengineering

3800 Nguyen Engineering Building, 1G5

4400 University Drive

Fairfax, VA 22030

Phone: (703) 993-4190