No images? View Online

Summer Study Abroad Program

British-American Intelligence Studies in Oxford

Dates: May 19 – June 15
Application Deadline: March 20, 2015
Program Director: Dr. Kimberly Urban

Dear Colleagues and Students,

I am pleased to inform you of a new study abroad opportunity this upcoming summer! George Mason University is offering an innovative course on British-American intelligence taught in Oxford, the United Kingdom.

“British-American Intelligence: An Overview and Examination of the Special Relationship” will give graduate and undergraduate students the opportunity to explore the spy business focusing on UK and US intelligence organizations. Students will engage in active simulations, case studies and discussions regarding challenging and complex intelligence issues.

Oxford professors and current/former British intelligence professionals and I will lead discussions on a variety of topics and facilitate discussions in a graduate-seminar format.  Students will learn the form, function, purpose, and general capabilities of British and American intelligence communities; explore how each organization helps its policymakers make informed national security decisions; and examine how each has succeeded or failed in supporting national security and British-American interests.

Both graduate and undergraduate students are welcome to apply and can earn 6 credits each. Students in this new intelligence course will participate with Oxford students in various day trips relevant to the intelligence world as well as fun excursions in the region.

For further information, see the Oxford course web site or watch our program trailer on Youtube on this opportunity to delve into international espionage and how the intelligence business really works in the real world.

If you have any questions, please contact me at [log in to unmask] or the program officer, Ms. Laura Scobey ([log in to unmask]). The syllabus is also available upon request.

I hope to see you at Oxford this summer!

Kimberly A. Urban, PhD

Applied, Cultural Anthropologist
British-American Intelligence Studies Program Director
Applied Information Technology
Member, Learning Agents Center
College of Health, Education and Development
George Mason University

For more information, please visit:

CGE

George Mason University