No images? View Online

Summer 2015 Israel and Palestine Internship Program

Dates: June 4 – August 7, 2015
Application Deadline: February 27, 2015
Program Director: Yehuda Lukacs, PhD (see bio)

Dear Colleague,

Greetings from George Mason University. We would like to invite you to participate in our Summer 2015 Israel and Palestine Internship Program. Over nine weeks, students participate in a one week seminar on Palestine-Israeli relations and spend two months interning for an organization in either the Palestinian territories or Israel. The program is open to both undergraduate and graduate students and offers 6-9 credits in multiple disciplines.

Summer 2015 will be the tenth consecutive year of the program, led by Dr. Yehuda Lukacs, Associate Provost for International Programs at George Mason University.

The internships will be related to Conflict Resolution, Politics, Peace Studies, International Relations, Human Rights, Sociology/Anthropology, Economics, or Business and Finance in Israel and Palestine; customized placements are also available.

Students can view more about the program by visiting the link below:

http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/internships/israel&palestineintern.html

If you would like to request additional information about the program, please do not hesitate to ask. We would be grateful if you could share this opportunity.

Apply by the February 27, 2015 deadline. To request additional program information, contact Mary Getsey Bernier at George Mason University, Center for Global Education.

Program Director: Yehuda Lukacs, PhD

Yehuda Lukacs is Associate Provost for International Programs and Director of the Center for Global Education. He also teaches International Relations and History at George Mason University. He has taught at the School of International Service at American University, and the University of Maryland at Baltimore County. In January 2002, he was a visiting professor of International Relations at University College Cork, Ireland. He has published several articles and books dealing with contemporary international relations and Arab-Israeli affairs.

CGE

George Mason University
Center for Global Education
Johnson Center, Room 235