No images? View Online<http://globaled.gmu.edu/email/sp15/sp15-cyprus-vias/index.html?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=SP15-Psychology-Cyprus&utm_campaign=SP15-Pychology-Cyprus>

[http://globaled.gmu.edu/email/sp15/sp15-cyprus-vias/media/banner.png]<http://globaled.gmu.edu/email/sp15/sp15-cyprus-vias/index.html?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=SP15-Psychology-Cyprus&utm_campaign=SP15-Pychology-Cyprus>

Summer Study Abroad Program<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/index.html?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=SP15-Psychology-Cyprus&utm_campaign=SP15-Pychology-Cyprus>

Psychology in
Mediterranean Cyprus<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/cyprus.html?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=SP15-Psychology-Cyprus&utm_campaign=SP15-Pychology-Cyprus>

Dates: June 6 – July 5, 2015
Application Deadline: March 20, 2015
Program Director: Vias Nicolaides

Dear Colleagues and Students,

My name is Vias Nicolaides and I am emailing to inform you of a wonderful study abroad opportunity this upcoming summer! In cooperation with George Mason University,<http://gmu.edu/index.html?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=SP15-Psychology-Cyprus&utm_campaign=SP15-Pychology-Cyprus> I will be spearheading a study abroad program in my country, Cyprus, a beautiful paradise island in the Mediterranean.

[Psychology in Cyprus]<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/cyprus.html?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=SP15-Psychology-Cyprus&utm_campaign=SP15-Pychology-Cyprus>With warm sun, sparkling sea, welcoming people and wonderful scenery, Cyprus offers visitors a superb holiday destination packed with unforgettable experiences, extraordinary sights and exquisite Mediterranean cuisine. Cyprus is considered the pearl of the Mediterranean and also the birthplace of the Goddess Aphrodite.

Students will have the opportunity to take 6 Psychology credits as well as tour the island and interact with locals and experience all that Cyprus has to offer (e.g., sandy beaches, exquisite food, and over 8,000 years of history)! Overall, the program will run from June 6th–July 5th, and instruction will take place from Monday-Thursday. Friday-Sunday we will be taking tours and overnight stays in key locations around the island.

Classes offered are

  *   PSYC 405: Mystery, Madness, and Murder
( which is a seminar on Social Influence and Persuasion)
  *   PSYC379: Applied Cross-Cultural Psychology

Both classes entail engaging in outdoor cultural observations. Even if you are not a George Mason University student you can take these 6 credit courses at the Virginia in-state rate, and transfer them to your respective programs. Many non-Mason students have done this in the past.

Finally, it is worth mentioning that there are scholarships and financial aid available to help finance your trip. In addition, tuition for study abroad programs is paid at the in-state rate, even for out-of-state students!

Please do not hesitate to contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have any questions.

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you in Cyprus this summer! :)

Vias C. Nicolaides, M.A.
Doctoral Student
Industrial/Organizational Psychology
George Mason University

For more information, please visit:

  *   Cross-Cultural Psychology in Cyprus<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/cyprus.html?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=SP15-Psychology-Cyprus&utm_campaign=SP15-Pychology-Cyprus> [program webpage]

  *   Cyprus Summer 2014 <https://www.flickr.com/photos/masonstudyabroad/sets/72157645847888888/> [Flickr photo gallery]

  *   Cyprus Summer 2013<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2thfnlRZtWg> [Youtube video]

[CGE]<http://globaled.gmu.edu/index.html?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=SP15-Psychology-Cyprus&utm_campaign=SP15-Pychology-Cyprus>

George Mason University
Center for Global Education
Johnson Center, Room 235
4400 University Drive, MS 2B8
Fairfax, VA 22030

voice 703-993-2154
fax 703-993-2153
email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>