The History Graduate Student Association of Virginia Tech is pleased

to announce its 18th Annual Brian Bertoti Innovative Perspectives in

History Conference. The graduate conference will be held in

Blacksburg, Virginia, March 20-21, 2015. We invite graduate students to submit proposals on any historical subject that reflects current trends in historical scholarship. We particularly encourage proposals that include an interdisciplinary perspective, as well as submissions from graduate students working in the fields of the history of science, technology, medicine, and the environment.

Presenters are asked to submit a 250-word abstract and a brief curriculum vitae no later than January 23, 2015, to Tom Seabrook at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

For more information about the conference, speakers, or schedule please visit the conference website at www.history.vt.edu/hgsa_website/bertoti<http://www.history.vt.edu/hgsa_website/bertoti>.

We would greatly appreciate your help in circulating the enclosed call for papers to your graduate students, which includes all the details for submitting to the Bertoti Conference. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns to the attention of Tom Seabrook at

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The History Graduate Student Association of Virginia Tech looks forward to having students from your institution help make our conference this year a success.

Sincerely,

Tom Seabrook

Secretary, History Graduate Student Association

Laura Keith

Panels Committee