As of this note (6:00 PM Sunday) the power in our building has been out
since at least 11 AM. The power outage has affected not only lights and
power in the building, but has also shut down all access to campus and
external network data resources from the building and to computing
resources hosted in our server room.

Dominion Power has been on site all day working on the problem but has
not provided an estimate for when they will have it working.

Please make allowances for students whose work would have required
access to computing resources housed in our building.

I will be working with Facilities Management and ITU to determine why
the network connections failed and did not continue functioning on the
building generator power emergency circuits.

Jonathan

Jonathan Goldman                    Volgenau School of Engineering
Director of Computing Resources            George Mason University
(703) 993-3506                         4400 University Dr. MSN 4A3
fax  (703) 993-3977                         Fairfax, VA 22030-4444