For parallel evaluation, the thread number is an argument to
Problem.evaluate().  You can pass this along as an argument to the external
program you call to tell it which server to connect to.

Master-slave processes can certainly be run on one computer.  I think it
would be a bit trickier to get a Problem to know which slave it's running
from, though.  I'd stick with multithreading.

Siggy

--

Ph.D student in Computer Science
George Mason University