Dear CS GTAs and GRAs:

The CS department has created a graduate student lounge (Room 5323 in the Engineering Building) where students can hang out and relax when you are not hard at work.

Our hope is that the lounge will help foster social interaction between students working as GTAs or as GRAs in various research labs associated with the department. The room has a foosball-table (donated by Professor Damon McCoy) and some sofas, so I hope you will take advantage of this room.

Please see Michele Pieper in the CS office to gain access to the room. You will be able to access the room using your GMU ID/swipecard.

The “grand opening” of the lounge will be on Friday Oct 31. The CS department will provide snacks and beverages on Friday afternoon at 2 PM, so please stop by the lounge at that time.

Cheers,

Sanjeev Setia
Chair, CS Department