FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sevag Gharibian <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: PhD position

Date: September 4, 2014 at 9:34:50 PM EDT

To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Dr. Setia,

My name is Sevag Gharibian, and I'm an Assistant Professor in Computer Science at Virginia Commonwealth University. We currently have a PhD position opening in our Quantum Computing Lab, and I wished to ask whether it would be possible to have the advertisement below circulated to your Master's students, in case they might be interested?

Thank you in advance for your time,

Sev

Sevag Gharibian, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, USA
www.people.vcu.edu/~sgharibian/

-----------------

 Dear Colleagues,

The Quantum Computing Lab at Virginia Commonwealth University currently
has openings for two Ph.D. students. If you could please forward this ad
to anyone who might be interested, it would be greatly appreciated.
Details are as follows.

Remuneration: Tuition and stipend are provided.

Requirements: A background in quantum mechanics or quantum computing is
preferred but not necessary; the requirements are a Master's degree in
theoretical computer science or a related field, elementary linear
algebra, and a willingness to be puzzled by the oddities of quantum
mechanics.

Research areas: Areas of interest include, but are not limited to,
quantum complexity theory (such as quantum Hamiltonian complexity),
quantum algorithms, and theory of quantum entanglement and non-locality.

Deadline: There is no fixed deadline; the positions will remain open
until filled.

Contact: Please contact Dr. Gharibian at [log in to unmask] for more information and to apply, or visit www.people.vcu.edu/~sgharibian/.