Simone,

I’d look for a bug near line 352 in the SimState class, a call of an undefined method.

//
Bill

From: Simone Gabbriellini <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: how to run without the UI

Hi Bill,

thanks for the reply, I did that but here's what I have:

MASON Version 17.  For further options, try adding ' -help' at end.
Exception in thread "MASON Model: class sim.KSM.SimulationEnvironment" java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception occurred while trying to construct the simulation class sim.KSM.SimulationEnvironment
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: sim.KSM.SimulationEnvironment.<init>(long)
at sim.engine.SimState$1.newInstance(SimState.java:352)
at sim.engine.SimState.doLoop(SimState.java:539)
at sim.engine.SimState.doLoop(SimState.java:342)
at sim.KSM.SimulationEnvironment.main(SimulationEnvironment.java:587)

any hint on what is happening?

Best,
Simone

Simone,

In NetBeans, under the run tab (not the icon), you’ll find “Set Project Configuration”.  If there you select “Customize…”, you’ll be invited to select the main class.  Our models are built with main classes with and without the GUI.  To run without the GUI, you have to select the non-GUI main class.

Good luck~

//
Bill Kennedy