NOTE: contact Shannon Marriott if you are interested in the following:

Good morning,

I am writing in the hopes of connecting with GMU students who may want to become part of the Explainers Program at the National Air and Space Museum’s Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia. I have recently developed a Federal Work Study agreement with George Mason and am eager to get students, especially those interested in science, engineering, aeronautics and education on board as Explainers in our program.

The Explainers Program employs students in both high school and college at the museum. The Explainers work on weekends, doing science and history demonstrations and activities with the public. They are the young face of the museum and a huge draw for families to the Udvar-Hazy Center. Our program is new to the museum in Virginia, and finding local college students who are available during the school year has been a challenging endeavor.

If there are students that you think might be interested in the program or faculty that might be willing to spread the word, I’d love to talk to them more about the program or send along more information. The link below contains the qualifications for the Explainers Program and more information about it.

I truly appreciate your time and look forward to working with more GMU students and faculty in the future.

Best,

Shannon Marriott

Explainers Program Coordinator

Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center