Students:
For the Fall 2014 semester, Dr. Baranova's lab offers a 1-credit project together with Dr.Myakishev-Rempel (Rochester, NY). The title of this project is "Red light modulates UV-induced gene expression in the skin". In course of this project, student will complete the interpretation of the data, and contribute to the writing of the manuscript - especially its Introduction and Discussion parts - as well as assist with manuscript formatting to the guidelines of the "Photomedicine and Laser Surgery" (Impact Factor  = 1.54). The student would become a co-author of this manuscript.
ATTENTION: This is DATA INTERPRETATION project, it does not include a lab component, but it will deal with an analysis of existing experimental data, thus resulting in Research (not Review) manuscript. This will be good for 1-credit MS project in BIOL, or 1-credit BINF or BIOL Directed Study, or 1-credit BINF lab rotation.

IMPORTANT: Student would have to sign up before Sept 2nd, preferably by Friday Aug. 29.

I would strongly prefer a student with experience in Scientific Writing. If you wish to work on this project in Fall 2014, please contact me ASAP via email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> , attaching your CV.

* OUTLINE OF THE PROJECT IS ATTACHED. *
Dr. Ancha Baranova
Associate Professor
School of Systems Biology
George Mason University
cell 571-334-1145
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>