Cynthia A. Kierner
Professor of History
Director, Ph.D. Program in History
George Mason University
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
The Institute of Turkish Studies (ITS)
Summer Scholarships For A Study Trip In Turkey
- The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey will offer short summer scholarships for a study trip for successful and motivated graduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD, etc.) interested in Ottoman and Turkish studies.
- The aim of the project is to provide wide-ranging first hand information on Turkey, its culture, history and politics; and to promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their Turkish counterparts.
- Applicants to the study trip must be graduate students in Turcology, History, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
- This year's scholarship program is open to students from the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
- All travel and accommodation expenses of the study trip will be covered by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- The program will include 30 participants.
- The program, excursions and discussions will be in English.
- Participants of the study trip will be required to arrive in Turkey on August 21, 2014 and fully participate in the program that ends on 28 August 2014. (Draft program is enclosed.)
- Following the visit, participants will be requested to provide an evaluation paper by September 20, 2014 on the program and their perception of Turkey.
- Applications will be made to the Turkish Embassy in Washington D.C. to the following address: 2525 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington D.C., 20008.
- Applicants will be requested to provide a CV, motivation letter in English and transcripts.
- The deadline for applications is June 15, 2014.