From: Gillis, Caitlin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:29 PM
Subject: Another Smithsonian Program Opportunity

The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History exhibition Genome: Unlocking Life's Code will be hosting the students from the Georgetown Summer Medical Institute. These are high school students interested in the field of medicine and medical research. We would like to introduce these students to graduate students & postdoctoral fellows (as well as their genomic research!) as part of their visit to the exhibition. Sharing your research with Smithsonian visitors from all over the world is a great experience to use in broader impact statements or build your CV.

The program is from 1:00pm-4:00pm on:
June 23
June 30
July 7
July 14

This is an opportunity for multiple participants and for any combination of date availability. The program is very informal, to give these young students a sense of what the field of genomics is like. Interested parties may contact me directly.

Caitlin Gillis
Genome Zone Manager
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution