Dear FAST TRAINers:
Below find important info on the following topics:
Summer Registration Deadline is June 1
Summer Housing Update- Reservation and Payment Deadline is June 1
Testing and Confirmation Tickets
All Summer related announcements will now be sent through the Blackboard Organization to your Mason Email accounts! You are required to check your Mason emails on a regular basis.
All students attending summer courses should be able to access the Summer Organization in Blackboard. Please sign in using your Patriot Pass at mymason.gmu.edu and then click on the organizations tab at the top. If you do not see the FAST TRAIN 2014 organization, please email me ASAP so I may add you.
The deadline for summer registration is June 1 so if you have not already participated in the registration process, please follow these steps:
1. Go to http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/assets/docs/fast_train/fasttrain-summer2014.pdf and check the summer schedule
2. Access your program planning sheet at http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/academics/registration, complete it, and email to me at [log in to unmask]
3. Submit an online registration request at http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/academics/registration-and-programming-forms
4. You will receive a confirmation when your registration has been processed.
It is imperative we receive your request by June 1, so please submit your request as soon as possible if you have not already been registered.
Summer Housing Update and June 1 Deadline
The Housing Office has let us know off campus housing for FAST TRAIN students has been moved from Rogers Hall to Northern Neck Hall. Cost and general arrangements are the same, but the building has changed. The deadline to sign up and pay for on-campus housing is June 1. Please visit http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/summer/sum-housing for complete details on registration!
Information about arriving on campus and how to get around Fairfax is now posted on the Blackboard Organization. Please access and let me know if you have any questions as the office will not be open on Saturday, June 21. I have posted it to Blackboard this year to make it more electronically accessible.
Testing and Confirmation Tickets
Testing info for ESL and Elementary Students is posted at http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/summer/summer-testing and on the Blackboard Organization. If you have registered for testing this summer, please send a copy of your registration confirmation to Stacy Wilson at [log in to unmask] In the subject line, please include test name and test site location. I need these tickets in order to organize testing transportation for those who qualify.
Textbook Availability at Summer Orientation
FAST TRAIN will pick up pre-ordered textbooks from the Mason bookstore for students who make prior arrangements. They will be available during Summer Orientation on Sunday, June 22. In order to be eligible for this service, you must do the following:
1. When ordering your books, indicate you are a FAST TRAIN student and the books will be picked up on the Fairfax campus.
2. Send a copy of your textbook receipt to [log in to unmask] to confirm your order
3. Attend Summer Orientation to get your books. Unfortunately we cannot pick up books for students who are not orientation due to storage concerns.
Mandatory Orientation- Sunday, June 22- will be held in Research Hall beginning with registration and breakfast at 8AM. Information on Library Orientation, the Elementary Endorsements Open House, and more info on Orientation is available on the Blackboard Org. More information about other meetings will be posted as available.
Please let me know if you have questions!!