I believe I've encountered a bug in FloatVectorSpecies, using the version in the SVN repository.

I am trying to use the "species.max_gene.i" syntax to set bounds on individual genes.  FloatVectorSpecies.loadParameterForGene always dies with a fatal error, however, because its call to inNumericalTypeRange() on line 527 assumes that Species.i_prototype has been initialized.

Looking at VectorSpecies.setup(), I see that the prototype is always initialized *after* the calls to loadParameterForGene, thus breaking the gene-specific parameter loading mechanism.

Cheers,
Siggy

--

Ph.D student in Computer Science