The Fall 2014 course schedule is now available via Patriot Web.

I am available (via email, phone or in person) if you need some assistance with course selection, or if you have any general questions about degree requirements.

As I have mentioned before, PLEASE CHECK the degree evaluation tool in Patriot Web after you have registered for classes to make sure that 1) the courses you have registered for apply toward the MS degree and 2) that you have not exceeded 6 elective credits. Please see the requirements for the degree in the catalog under which you were admitted. Your catalog term is listed on the top of your Degree Evaluation and in your student information in Patriot Web. You can change your catalog term (with some restrictions) using the form:
http://registrar.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/GCP.pdf

You do have an option of taking courses outside the department as elective credits in a customized plan of study that needs to be approved in writing PRIOR to taking the courses outside the department.

You also can select either the professional or research option depending on your career ambitions. You do not need to notify the department of your decision if you choose the professional option. However, if you decide to do the research option, you do need to let me know.

Finally, there is a new MS program starting in the Fall:  MS in Data Analytics Engineering. Information is available at:
http://catalog.gmu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=25&poid=23972

And as mentioned previously, there is also a Certificate in Data Analytics. Information is available at:
<http://catalog.gmu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=25&poid=22487>http://catalog.gmu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=25&poid=22487

Certain courses that apply toward the Certificate in Data Analytics can also be used toward the MS in Statistical Science. However, you must be admitted into both the MS and Certificate programs and apply to graduate the same semester from both. Details are available in the Notes section of the catalog entry for the MS in Statistical Science degree:
http://catalog.gmu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=25&poid=22387

Thank you,
Dr. Davis