I've been doing testing and am limited by the memory issue with strong typing.
I'm moving my code over to one of our university's blade servers to get more
resources.

I have a week before I make my presentation, so any advice on this issue, or
tuning GP in general will be greatly appreciated.

Things which would help...
 - getting stats into a format for R -- what works best
 - picking which stats convey information better for a dumbed down audience
 - tuning the fitness function (I have 6 figures of merit)
 - controlling bloat without reducing variance too much

This is a school timetable app. There are primarily 3 parts to the timetable:
rooms, timeslots and course offerings. Then there are constraints which include
instructor availability, room purpose, and curriculum concurrency, among
others.

The terminal set is 3 ERCs, one each for the 3 parts of the timetable. Then one
ERC join function restricted to one of each ERC type, and a generic join
restricted to ERC join types. Generally, this is an optimisation problem where
one needs to find the right sets of ERCs which satisfy the constraints. I have
plans to extend the tree with a conditional function later if I have time.

-- ray