*Time: 1**1**:**0**0 **A**.M. - **12**:**0**0 **P**.M.*

*Date: **Friday**, **Mar 7**, 201**4*

*Abstract*

For regression models, it is challenging to obtain point and variance
estimates of regression parameters if the corresponding estimating
functions are nonregular, such as non-smooth and non-monotone. We discuss
the issues and present recently developed new approaches based on a natural
self-induced smoothing method. We show general theory, implementation,
simulation studies and demonstrate the methods with censored linear
regression models and general semiparametric transformation models.

--
Yunpeng Zhao, PhD

Assistant Professor
Department of Statistics
Volgenau School of Engineering <[log in to unmask]>
George Mason University
Engineering Building, Room 1719, MS 4A7
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030-4444