Time: 10:30 a.m. Refreshments, 10:45 a.m. Colloquium Talk
Date: March 28, 2014

Abstract

Data in unstructured and semi-structured text fields of survey records are typically underutilized. In this talk, I will highlight some approaches in text analysis that can be used to exploit information from these fields. An illustration of how text analysis can be employed to assist humans in applying labels to accident reports from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) will be presented.  I will conclude the talk by discussing other uses of text analysis for survey records.?