Very cool. Can you make a branch in Subversion to try it out?On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Inspired by Raymond's discovery, I decided to pull the trigger and perform the long-awaited upgrade of all floats to doubles in Fitness classes. This entailed:
- Changing floats to doubles
- Changing various FLOAT.. to DOUBLE..
- Changing float literals (0.0f, etc.) to double just in case
- Removing unnecessary casts
- Slight tweaks to the documentation
This will be *sort* of non-backward compatible: you'll want to modify your applications so that you don't cast stuff to floats before setting the fitness or else you'll lose out on the extra expressivity.
It was a lot of by-hand refactoring and I'm sure I messed something up. I'm a bit spooked about committing it, and haven't done so, unless I can get a few people to do some testing for me. Here's the classes which were affected. Can anyone volunteer for me?