On Feb 16, 2014, at 3:17 PM, Raymond Shpeley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I've run tutorial 4 with a run configuration of,
>  -file ec/app/tutorial4/tutorial4.params -p stat.gather-full=true
> on Eclipse.
>
> The out.stat file has no final stats,

That's because the tutorial example does not implement the describe() method.  But all the stats are outputted.

I do note one oddity with the statistics you provided: though the system finds a solution that has a standardized fitness of 0.0, it's not the best individual of run!  This is for two reasons:

- Floating point error results in the both 0.0 and 1.6653345E-16 getting converted to an adjusted fitness of 1.0

- Comparison is done based on adjusted fitness; but determination of ideal individuals is done based on standardized fitness. [ In a perfect world, with no floating point error, this wouldn't be an issue]

So I think we should move the GP comparisons to be entirely based on standardized fitness.  Or alternatively swich to doubles.  Or both.

> The console didn't show any early termination.

Sure it did:

> Found Ideal Individual

Sean