I've started on the application examples for basic operation, since I don't know
much about how they work yet. The process I'm using is to run an example, save
out.stat under a name suited to the example, save the console the same way,
record the command line options, out.stat filename and console filename to a
summary file for all run variants I can find of that example type. If I find an issue
with warning errors or some such I record a mention of it in the summary file.

This is kind of tedious to do by hand so I've thought of running it on our
university server with a script to automate it. The problem is I'm currently holed
up on a farm during reading week and internet access is spotty, or even non-
existent, depending on the sun-spots...

I don't know if this is enough information to do much good, but it should check for
any obvious errors.

-- ray