Is this email not viewing properly? Click here to view in a browser

Image Caption

CGE Study Abroad Newsletter | Volume 1 | Issue 3

Direct Exchanges
Semester Abroad for Mason Students

In this Issue

  • A Semester Option for Mason Students

  • Highlights and Finances

  • Study Abroad Fair and Social

  • Upcoming Mason Fairs

Daria Stepanova

Daria Stepanova

My name is Daria Stepanova and I handle the direct exchange semester programs at the Center for Global Education.

ASK ME ABOUT DIRECT EXCHANGES!

Phone: 703-993-2161 Fax: 703-993-2153

A Semester Option for Mason Students

Although the Direct Exchange semester programs are not the only type of semester program available to Mason students, they are certainly very popular because of their affordability!

Open to Mason students only, these programs allow students to continue paying their tuition to Mason while paying room and board to the host institution. Direct exchange programs are ideal for more mature and independent students; no Mason faculty member is present during a direct exchange. Instead, Mason students enroll as visiting international students at the host institution, earning 12 to 16 transfer credits per semester, as they take courses taught in English or the host country's language. Courses are available in many different disciplines.

Country University

Australia

Canberra

UTS Sydney

Chile

UDD Desarrollo

China

Tsinghua

England

East Anglia

Leicester

France

EuroMed Management

Sciences-Po

UBO

Germany

FH Aachen

Israel

IDC, Herzliya

Japan

Akita

Momoyama Gakuin

Soka

Sophia

Malta

Malta

Country University

Mexico

UDLAP

Netherlands

Erasmus

Russia

Lomonosov Moscow State

South Korea

Kyonggi

Seoul

Yonsei

Scotland

Abertay Dundee

Spain

Zaragoza

Sweden

Jönköping

Linnaeus

Taiwan

National Chengchi

National Taiwan

Turkey

Okan

Highlights and Finances

Highlights

Finances

How the money works:

  • You pay full-time Mason tuitionthrough Mason Patriotweb

  • You pay room and board to host institution abroad

  • You earn 12-16 credits

Please note that courses need to be approved by individual departmental advisors.

ASK ME HOW IT WORKS!

Study Abroad Fair and Social

Image Caption

The event "Your Match - Study Abroad Fair and Social" will take place on Wednesday, February 19, 2014. Please check our website globaled.gmu.eduFacebook, and Twitter for further updates.

Date

February 19, 2014

Time

4pm - 6pm

Place

Johnson Center, West Lounge

Event Page

Facebook Event Page

Upcoming Mason Fairs

University Career Fair

Wednesday, February 19 and Thursday, February 20 from 11am to 4pm - JC Dewberry Hal

Financial Expo

Tuesday, February 25 from 11am to 3pm- SUB I Patriot Lounge

Communication Fair

Wednesday, February 26 from 9am to 12pm - JC Dewberry Hall

Safe Spring Break Fair

Monday, March 3 from 12pm to 4pm - HUB Corner Pocket

CGE

Center for Global Education
Johnson Center, Room 235
4400 University Drive, MS 2B8