On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Sanchez, Ricardo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I hope it’s okay to ask geomason questions here.

Yep.  Though sometimes it might take a while to get an answer.  Luckily I happened to be checking my email just now.  ;)

The geomason ShapeFileImporter read method requires a URL. However, my Windows computer converts spaces in URLs - really the file path - to “%20” which then causes a FileNotFoundException when I try to run code. I can fix this by doing a string substitution, but I was wonder what the right way/long term solution is for this problem.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2166039/java-how-to-get-a-file-from-an-escaped-url

So:

File file = new File(url.toURI());