From: Kathryn E Agoston
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:38 PM
To: Cynthia A Kierner
Subject: Jamestowne Fellowships

Dear Cindy,

Happy New Year!  This announcement for graduate student research funding came across my desk; the deadline is not until April, but I wanted to pass it along as it seemed likely to appeal to some of you History PhD students.    Actually MA students are eligible as well, so feel free to share with them.  All the best, Kay

Jamestowne Society - Fellowship for Study of Colonial Virginia History

Deadline: 4/15/2014

The Jamestowne Society offers an Annual Fellowship to support completion of a graduate thesis or essay on the history and culture of Virginia before 1700.

Eligibility:

  • Applicants may be candidates for graduate degrees in any relevant discipline such as History, American Studies, Literature, Archaeology, Anthropology, Fine Arts, etc.
  • Research must be devoted either exclusively or very substantially to Colonial Virginia prior to 1700.

Award amount: $2,000.

Contact:
Dr. Anne Tyler Netick, Chairman
Jamestowne Society Fellowship Committee