They refer to the breeding and initialization methods used in John Koza's first two genetic programming books:

KOZA-I:
	http://www.amazon.com/Genetic-Programming-Computers-Selection-Adaptive/dp/0262111705/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389629272&sr=8-1&keywords=koza

KOZA-II:
	http://www.amazon.com/Genetic-Programming-II-Automatic-Discovery/dp/0262111896/ref=pd_sim_b_2

Ye, please note that the UI is not being actively developed.  ECJ is largely a command-line tool.  If you would like to develop the UI, let me know.

Sean