Is this email not viewing properly? Click here to view in a browser<http://globaled.gmu.edu/email/sp14/sp14-welcome/index.html>

[Image Caption]

CGE Study Abroad Newsletter | Volume 1 | Issue 1

[Image Caption]

Welcome back to Mason and welcome to 'The Patriot Traveler' - Your Guide to Study Abroad at Mason!

CGE sends hundreds of students abroad on dozens of academic programs around the world, making us a leading contributor to Mason’s global vision. This summer we offer many short term programs that can fulfill general education and major requirements. In fact, registration is already open for summer abroad 2014 programs<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/index.html>.

CGE also offers international internships<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/internships> which combine work experience with the excitement of traveling abroad, all while earning credit toward your degree. Another option is Direct Exchange Semester Programs, which allow students to continue paying their tuition to Mason while paying room and board to the host institution. Mason students enroll as visiting international students at the host institution, earning 12 to 16 transfer credits per semester, as they take courses taught in English or the host country's language.

Visit our website often, and you are always welcome to stop by our office in the Johnson Center on the second floor, room 235, just above La Patisserie.

Special Event (go to Facbebook event page<https://www.facebook.com/events/482108775234191/>)
From Maghreb to Mashreq: Exploring the Middle East | Jan 30 | 3pm | JC 239 A

Summer Programs and Spring Events

[Image Caption]Summer Abroad<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/index.html>

Prepare for new adventures this summer! CGE is proud to announce several new programs in Europe, Asia, and Africa.

  *   Faculty-led summer programs<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/index.html#su-faculty>
  *   Language study abroad<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/index.html#su-language>
  *   International summer schools<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/index.html#su-international>
  *   See all summer programs
<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/facultyled/summerstudy/index.html>

[Image Caption]CGE Events Calendar<http://globaled.gmu.edu/calendar/index.html>

  *   Maghreb to Middle East
Jan 30 at 3pm in JC 239 A
  *   New International Summer Schools
Feb 4 at 11am in JC 239 A
  *   Semester Abroad Experience
Feb 5 at 1pm in JC 234
  *   South East Asia
Feb 10 at 3pm in JC 239 A

Many more events are listed on our website<http://globaled.gmu.edu/calendar/index.html>, on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Masonstudyabroad>, and on Twitter<https://twitter.com/GMU_StudyAbroad>.
<http://globaled.gmu.edu/calendar/index.html>

Semester Abroad<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/semester>

  *   Faculty-led semester programs<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/semester>
  *   Direct exchanges<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/directexchanges/index.html>
  *   Direct enrollment<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/semester>

Direct Exchange semester or year-long programs make the most financial sense to in-state Mason students as you can study abroad while paying your regular in-state George Mason tuition.

International Internships<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/internships>

  *   Singapore<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/internships/singaporesummer.html>
  *   Israel and Palestine<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/internships/israel&palestineintern.html>
  *   Brazil: World Cup in Curitiba<http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/internships/brazilsummerinternship.html>

Earn academic credit toward your degree while gaining crucial international and professional experience that is directly related to your goals.

[CGE]<http://globaled.gmu.edu/>

Center for Global Education
Johnson Center, Room 235
4400 University Drive, MS 2B8
Fairfax, VA 22030

voice 703.993.2154
fax 703.993.2153
email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>