FAST TRAIN students,

I hope this e-mail finds you all well and that you all enjoy your winter break!

I wanted to pass along some information about student teaching for those of you who are considering this option for Fall 2014.  Applications for those interested in student teaching in the fall will be due at the beginning of the Spring semester.  Completed applications, along with two letters of recommendation and a curriculum vitae, should be submitted to [log in to unmask].  The deadline for submitting your student teaching application for approval by FAST TRAIN is February 10thThe deadline is firm and late applications will not be considered.  I have attached copies of both the Elementary and the ESOL Student Teaching Application for those of you who are interested.  At the end of the application you will find a sheet that highlights the difference between the internship and the student teaching experience for your review.

In order to be eligible for student teaching in Fall 2014, all licensure coursework must be complete with grades posted at the end of Spring semester.  In addition, interested students must complete and pass all licensure tests prior to beginning the student teaching experience.  Please visit the following link for program-specific information on student teaching requirements http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/licensure/requirements

If you have questions about student teaching, please contact me as soon as possible.  You can also visit the FAST TRAIN website for more information on student teaching at http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/licensure/student-teaching.   The Student Teaching Manual is available at http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/assets/docs/fast_train/Student_Teaching_Manual.pdf and provides specific information about the student teaching process.

As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions at any time.  Happy Holidays!

Thank you,

Jill Macioch

Fieldwork Coordinator

Division of Advanced Professional Teacher Development & International Education

College of Education and Human Development

George Mason University

4400 University Dr, MS 1E8

Fairfax, VA 22030

Office: 1-703-993-2888