Hi Sadat,

I used Mason to model a football(soccer)-stadium with 13000 agents and interestingly it made no difference for the runtime if I did the simulation with or without the gui. I didn't used it, but maybe you should read the sections of the manual (p.145 ff) where checkpoints are described. Maybe that is what you want. You could set a checkpoint at those milestones. save the simulation, run that in a gui environment for some steps till another checkpoint and than run again without the gui. At least what I understand from that section of the manual, it should be possible.

If time isn't the limiting factor it is only important that a user can interact at a certain point, you can also run the entire simulation in the gui, you can set a step where the simulation has to pause so you won't miss a certain point.

On a unrelated sidenode:
2 things I discovered with my project:

- if I run my mason model in parrallel without a gui, it leads to states where some agents where in a live- or deadlock (I hadn't the time to find out exactly what happened there). When I run the same simulations in a loop (sequential) then those live-/deadlock didn't occur.
- I tried to capture a video (10fps) of my simulation (one run needs about 2 1/2 hours) with the build in tool but the video output wasn't properly saved. There was a tmp-output file but it seemed that this wasn't written back into the original file I chosed in the capture-dialog.

greetings,
Norman