Sadat, this is an interesting request.  I think the right thing to do would be to instruct MASON never to redraw (it'll still probably redraw when paused), and then have a Steppable registered in the GUIState's minischedule which pauses the simulation when some fact is true about the model.  I might be able to whip up some code for you to test.

Sean