On Nov 18, 2013, at 4:43 AM, Simone Gabbriellini wrote:

> thanks for the information... does the social network package by MASON
> handle bipartite networks?

Sure, all graph packages do. But if you're looking for analysis specific to bipartate graphs, I can't say.

> what I am trying to accomplish is indeed a simple thing. I just want
> to represent actors and relations with networks and because I know
> where these actors live, I'd like to geo-reference each of them... it
> that a good approach? I am asking because I am familiar with network
> stuff, but it's the first time I try to add GIS inside a model.

A social networks package is meant to do analysis of emerging graph structures.  This doesn't sound like you need analysis; you just want to use a network to enable the actors to know about one another.  For that, any graph package will work great, social networks packages are huge overkill.  In particular, JUNG is very inefficient for what you want to do.  If you're doing MASON, try MASON's Network class, and if that's not enough, try MASON's social nets package.

Sean