Hi all,

I'm trying to work with a shapefile of the entire world map in GeoMason, and several of the polygons aren't being drawn by the portrayal (France, Kazakhstan, and South Africa are the most noticeable, and there are possibly others as well).

The shapefile loads and displays all the polygons in ArcGIS and QGIS. Iterating through all the geometries in Mason shows that the polygons (at least something with those names) is being loaded.

As another diagnostic, I've tried having Mason compute the area for each geometry in the shapefile. France's is much smaller than it should be, and South Africa and Kazakhstan are negative.

Any idea what's going on?

The specific shapefile I'm trying to plot is:
http://geocommons.com/overlays/272792
but I've had similar problems with other world map shapefiles as well.

Thanks!
David