I couldn't find a method in sim.field.network.Network like
areNeighbors(Object o1, Object o2).

So a starting point would be to use Network's getEdges method and iterate
through the returned Bag looking for the other agent node in the edges.
You could write a thin wrapper method to do the job and you would have a
reusable component, like:

public boolean areNeighbors(Network network, Object agentA, Object agentB) {
    Bag edges = network.getEdges(agentA, null);  //obtain all edges that
have agentA; the bag may be empty but it won't be null
    Iterator<Edge> iter = edges.iterator();
    while (iter.hasNext()) {                                   //iterate
through all edges until we find agentB
            Edge e = iter.next();
            if (e.getOtherNode(agentA)==agentB) {  //use agentA as one node
and see if the other node is agentB
                return true;                                      //found it
            }
        }
    return false; //did not find it
}

Then to achieve what you originally asked:

if ( !areNeighbors(mynetwork, agentA,agentB)) {
    mynetwork.addEdge(agentA,agentB,null);
}

Tony