On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM, F Witmer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'm new to MASON and would like to get GeoMason working on my Windows 7 machine.  I have read the help files and searched the list archives but no luck yet with GeoMason.  Is there a recommended way to compile GeoMason under Windows?  I am able to run MASON via Eclipse -- is there a way to bring GeoMason into Eclipse to generate a jar file?  Or is my best bet to pick apart the Makefile and compile the files individually on the DOS command line?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-frank

The GeoMASON web site already has a jar file pre-built: http://www.cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/mason/extensions/geomason/

Please note, that jar file does not have a few bug fixes that are in the bleeding edge code in the MASON repository, but you might be OK if you don't happen to code up something that triggers one.

However, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to create an Eclipse project for GeoMASON checked out from the SVN repository.  I'm not an Eclipse user -- I use Netbeans, instead -- but I imagine the process for creating a project from pre-existing sources in Eclipse should be simple regardless the underlying OS.  This may be a good place to start: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2636201/how-to-create-a-project-from-existing-source-in-eclipse-and-then-find-it