This should be easy to do and ECJ supports this very well. See Section 2.3 of the manual, "Checkpointing", and Section 3.3, "Initializers and Finishers". I wonder if it's as simple as checkpointing out the population, then using that checkpoint file as the value of pop.file in your configuration?

Waren